27 June 2010

So You All Know Who You're Dealing With

 Things I Want, to Start: 
  • white clapboard farmhouse full of my handmade awesomeness
  • distressed old table in the yard (under some sort of tree, no doubt) on which I will cook/bake during the summer
  • quilts, quilts, everywhere
  • tattooed, weathered man to serve as general handyman and lover
  • a gleaming feat of engineering and sewing majesty, the Bernina (any model will do)
  • homemade bread, daily
  • assorted animals: chickens, cow, pygmy goat (my friend Chris told me that "if you get lazy, animals die")
  • some sort of bankroll to make aforementioned list possible (although, I hope I won't have to pay a tattooed, weathered handyman/lover)


Things I Have: 
  • so many student loans...
  • one Minou Jones, Rascal Cat
  • neighbor child outside my window whose screams rival those of a threatened exotic bird
  • a sturdy Brother XR-65,  the workhorse that continues to kick a@# despite my general ignorance about maintenance, e.g. I changed the needle last month for the first time in 5 years!
  • nine hundred WIPs  and a stack of fabric that would make a hoarder blush
  • a vintage wooden ironing board purchased for $8 at local thrift store
  • a stash of vintage hankies (would it be gross to make a quilt out of used snot rags?)
  •  addictions to: vanilla chai, sewing blogs, thrift stores and making things I can't find anywhere else

Stick around if you want to see where this goes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment